Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Disneyland




SO, over UEA this last October we pulled the kids out of school a day early and suprised them with a trip to Disneyland. I can't even tell you how much fun we had. The drive was so good we decided not to stop in Vegas and drive straight through.


After hearing Pres. Monson's October conference talk and the story in it about a dad who put off going in to work for an emergency and opted to take his children to the circus instead, saying "chilhood only happens once", we felt pretty good about our decison to go.


We are going to do it more often. There were so many little moments shared and new experiences that we all went through together, even though we had been there many times before.


Adam and I are trying so hard to cherish every moment with these children. After we put them to bed each night we often wonder about how we could have such amazing kids. I don't want the moments to go away. I hope in heaven we will be able to remember every touch, kiss, hug, laughter and funny thing that was said.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Emily, it so good to get an update on your family. I loved all your posts. I appreciated your genuine love for your kids and husband. You truly are living the prophets counsel from his talk in conference, Finding Joy in the Journey. I have to give a lesson on it in RS next week so it's on my mind. I'm so glad you are a living example of how we should be living every day. Thank you! Merry Christmas to your darling family.